A few weeks ago I was happily surprised by this DVD with a strange name and scary cover. The title and cover do not do justice to this true story about a man and his restaurant. Kenny Shopsin is like the Soup Nazi with a much greater cooking repertoire. Kenny and his family run Shopsin’s, a restaurant in New York City with closet-sized kitchen and an eclectic menu. This quirky documentary is not for everyone, with the eccentric Shopsin swearing, pontificating, and yelling. It is one of those movies that when it’s over you have to sit there for a bit and think, “What was that?” At that point you can choose to be entertained or irritated. I chose to smile at the oddities of life. I Like Killing Flies left me hungry and thoughtful.
- This Sat & Sun at the Grain Station, $1 will be donated to the library for every beer purchased. See you there! http://t.co/smiI5TrxmV 3 years ago
- The Friends of the Library book sale is going until 2 pm today in the Carnegie Room, & most books sell for a buck or less! @FriendsofMacLib 3 years ago
- Mac Reads '14 on May 1st. Nicholson Library, Linfield College at 7:30p w/ Ismet Prcic, author of Shards. Yay! @linlibraries @3rdstreetbooks 3 years ago
- Come on down to the library - our Library Plaza Design Open House goes from 4 pm until 7 pm today, with the presentation beginning at 5:30! 3 years ago
- Don't forget to join us at 2 pm for the final Explore Oregon program with Corral Creek Bluegrass! A great way to end the weekend. :) 3 years ago